Friday, February 1, 2008

19 ounces

19 ounces. That's how much my 19 1/2 month old little girl has gained in the past 6 weeks. This is very good news for us, as we've been struggling with weight issues with her and in the previous 6 weeks, she had lost 9.5 ounces.

Yes, I've eaten steaks that weigh more than what she gained this time around, but I'm still considering it a very major accomplishment! Her pediatrician wants to repeat some blood tests (uugghh!) just to be sure everything is still OK, and he said we should now stop catering to her picky eating habits. But, we don't have to take her back for another weight check until her 2 year old checkup (in June), versus every 6 weeks like we've been doing.

The size 12 month pants still fall off her and she's still below 0% on "the curve." But, she's moving in the right direction and this mommy couldn't be happier! She's still my Spectacular Thing in the Not-Quite-As-Small-Anymore package :-)

4 comments:

Julie Arduini said...

You know I know your struggles but in the opposite direction for us. It's such a victory, I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend!

Anonymous said...

What a great blog! I just found out about it from Julie Arduini. I went back a couple of blogs (to the two about you spectacular packages)...what beautiful girls! I have 4 kiddos (3 girls, 1 boy)and like your girls they are all as different as night and day...although the younger two make a great team when it comes to getting into trouble. Drop by my blog if you have a chance. www.homeschoolblogger.com/Zephaniahway By the way, I'm a true Floridian currently living up north...boy, do I ever miss good ol' Florida!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

What a great blog! I just found out about it from Julie A. I went back a couple of blogs (to the two about you spectacular packages)...what beautiful girls! I have 4 kiddos (3 girls, 1 boy)and like your girls they are all as different as night and day...although the younger two make a great team when it comes to getting into trouble. Drop by my blog if you have a chance. www.homeschoolblogger.com/Zephaniahway By the way, I'm a true Floridian currently living up north...boy, do I ever miss good ol' Florida!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Okay, I hit the publish button rather than the preview. Ugh. I thought I might be able to delete my original comment and make a minor change and re-post it. Now I know...
Jennifer