Saturday, September 13, 2008

SOOC Saturday -- Derek

SOOC = Straight Out Of Camera
.
Melody over at Slurping Life started "SOOC Saturday" and I think it sounds like fun. SOOC stands for "straight out of camera," no editing or chopping or PhotoShop-ing allowed. Which is good, because I don't really know how to do any of those things to begin with. This is right up my alley!
.
I took this picture at Yankee Stadium in July. I love it for 3 reasons, in spite of the fact that it's a little bit blurry:
.
1. It's Derek Jeter. Really now... what's not to love?!?
.
2. I had just gotten a new camera and finally figured out the super-duper zoom feature. (Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the proper name for it.) I was sitting in the back row of the left field bleachers when I took this. (For the non-baseball people, those are the seats behind the 3rd base side of the field, up above the bull pen. My husband guesses we were about 540 feet away from home plate.)
.
3. Totally by coincidence (er, I mean, due to my amazing timing and expert skill?!?), there is a ball flying in from the left of the of the picture. I couldn't do that again if I tried, but hey, sure looks cool!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing action shot...and way cool how you captured the ball flying in!!

Rachel said...

Perfect timing!!!

Stacey,momof 2 said...

I'm not a big baseball fan myself, but I ...really like this picture... great job using the zoom-thing!

Anonymous said...

Great capture, and never refuse credit for capturing such things as the zooming ball. :) Really, good job.

Oh, and yeah, you are all over the technical jargon...just like me.

Thanks for playing.

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture!!! Action shots are fun!

Frogs' mom said...

Love the super-duper zoom feature! Great shot :0)

Killlashandra said...

That is a great shot! I love the fact you accidentally captured the baseball in flight to the batter.

Julie Arduini said...

Geez Kat, ANOTHER thing you are amazing at!? Great pix, and great subject to take a picture of...

If I didn't love you so much I'd be downright jealous of all your gifts and talents!