Thursday, May 10, 2007

Little Amusements (Google)

Say what you will about "simple minds....," but sometimes it's the little things that amuse me.

Why I love Google:

Google thinks for me
I have the Google toolbar on my internet explorer (couldn't live without it!). When I type a keyword in the search bar, Google presents me a drop-down list of other relevant key words. Try this... type in "banana" and look at all the choices you get! I don't even have to know what I'm thinking, because Google figures it out for me.

Google is funny, but oh-so-accurate
Try this....
  • Go to Google.com and click on "maps" (center of the page, above the search bar).
  • At the top of the page, click on "Get Directions."
  • Put in the starting address as "Ft. Lauderdale, FL" and the ending address as "Scotland."
  • Click on the "Get Directions" button.
  • Scroll down and read direction #23.

Google has cute and creative graphics for every holiday
Ever notice how on some holidays / special days, they edit the normal "Google" logo on the page? And on the days they have the "special graphics," you can double click on it and see a list of previous graphics.

Google Earth
How cool is this?!? Not only can I see my house and my yard, but I think I see a person on the sidewalk!

Google is not afraid to be political
By far, this was my favorite, and it's not working anymore (insert pouting face icon here). Used to be that when you went to
Google.com and typed the words "miserable failure" in the search box and clicked the "I'm feeling lucky" button, it would take you here.

Enough said!

2 comments:

Dx said...

Followed your instructions but, once again, they didn't quite work the way you promised. Maybe something to do with Google at your end and Google at my end. But I got there eventually. Then I read it, "Swim across Atlantic Ocean". I live close to the eastern shore of the Atlantic so I popped down to the shingle beach and tried it. Doesn't work! I have now reported Google to our local Trading Standards Office and I'm awaiting their reply.

Anonymous said...

Alright...I wanna know who had time to think about double clicking the special holiday graphics on google?