Wednesday, April 8, 2009

(Not So) Extreme Makeover: Me Edition -- Week 7

.
Week 7 already, I can't believe it! This week, albeit a crazy one, I feel "accomplished" enough in two items to move them off the list and add new things instead. Feels good!
.
1. Find and read a book to better myself. I'm about half way through the book The Shack, which my friend Brenda sent to me. I don't have a lot of time to read but when I find a few free moments, it's almost painful to put the book down. I'm not really sure where it's going, but what I've read so far has made me think. A lot. I love it! My original plan for "a book to better myself" was more along the lines of "how to get organized" or "how to stress less." But I think The Shack is a far better "bettering" of myself than I could have chosen on my own.
.
2. Have pretty nails. I pretty much stole this one from Julie, but I'm hoping we can encourage each other. I have always had brittle nails and they break easily, so I never stopped myself from picking at them because, well, they were just going to break anyway. I had acrylics for many, many years and they were gorgeous. Of course, they cost money and more important, time. I stopped getting them done (professionally) around Christmas time and a few weeks ago the damaged part had finally grown off so I decided to let them grow on their own. They're looking OK so far. Now, to find some kind of clear coat / strengthener that will make them less likely to break. Anyone have ideas?
.
3. Simplify. Might as well have written "achieve world peace" there. This is big, ambiguous and on some days, seems unachievable. However, I've been watching my friend Luanne go through a purge process with her stuff, getting rid of 100 "somethings" each month so far in 2009. I'm not sure that "100 somethings" is the way I'll end up going but I like the idea of taking small steps to simplify -- be it by eliminating stuff or unnecessary responsibilities or something else. We'll see where this takes me but it's time to begin beginning the process.
.
Still going strong with:
Better skin care
Drink more water
Grump less -- still a daily battle but I think I'm finally winning it!
.
What are you working on this week? Whatever it is, you can do it! Leave a comment so we can encourage you as you go!

2 comments:

Luanne said...

So I have one thing to report - I am doing fairly decently on cutting back on sweets - one step in a line of many.

As for you, my simplifying may not be all that admirable. Watch your mail!

Julie Arduini said...

I laughed when you said more like achieve world peace.

If there is anyone who could tackle simplify and world peace---its you!

Great work Kat.