Wednesday, April 15, 2009

(Not So) Extreme Makeover: Me Edition -- Week 8


So how's your Week 8 shaping up? Nothing new on my list this week but still feeling pretty good!
.
1. Find and read a book to better myself. It's been a busy time at work and we had guests all weekend so I didn't get much more reading done on The Shack, but my sister and I are going on a cruise next week (can we say "CAN'T WAIT!!!" and "SO EXCITED!!!"), so I will surely finish this book while lounging on the sunny beaches of Coco Cay. It's been such a great read so far, I can't wait to see how it ends!
.
2. Have pretty nails. As I admitted last week, I pretty much stole this one from
Julie. It's been about 3 weeks and they're finally starting to look like fingernails! Hoping to work myself up to some polish this weekend. Fingers (and nails!) crossed that they last at least long enough for formal night on the cruise. (Oh, did I mention "CAN'T WAIT!!!" and "SO EXCITED!!!"?)
.
3. Simplify. OK, so it turns out that
Luanne is actually not helping on this one, though my girls and I thank her from the bottom of our hearts for the sixteen pound box of Disney treasures she sent to us last week. I'm still not clear on what this goal will mean for me, but I've had a lot going on at work lately that is starting to come to a resolution, so hoping that will get me heading in the right direction soon. THEN I'll start working on simplifying "stuff."
.
Still going strong with:
Better skin care
Drink more water
Grump less -- still a daily battle but I think I'm finally winning it!
.
What are you working on this week? Whatever it is, you can do it! Leave a comment so we can encourage you as you go

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I think the simplifying thing may be the key to all of this. I was thinking a new chair for my desk might help my posture, but I just don't want to bring one more thing into the house and have something else to have to get rid of!

I'm jealous of your cruise -- Have a wonderful time!