Wednesday, May 6, 2009

(Not So) Extreme Makeover: Me Edition -- Week 10



How are you doing this week? I need to get myself a bit more in gear on some of these things... hoping you've been making more forward progress than I have!

1. Find and read a book to better myself. OK, haven't opened the book this week. Really wanted to... will keep working on it! I did, however, make 2 friendship bracelets (you know, the kind you made when you were 12, out of embroidery floss?) for my daughter and her best friend. Can't read and tie knots at the same time. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

2. Have pretty nails. I have still not worked my way up to polish. (I suppose I can blame this on the friendship bracelets, too. After all, can't tie knots with wet nails!) Even without polish, I think I'm about ready to move this off the list and find something new for next week. A few have broken but they're still in good shape, so I think it's about time to call this one done.


3. Simplify. Ah... the big, amorphous "simplify." Made a bit of progress in two areas this week. Long story short, I recently applied for (and got - yay!) a new job. It required a drug test, which required a long wait in a lab. I brought my pen and paper and finally started putting some ideas on paper. Oh, how I miss that! Far from finished, but it's starting to take shape. Progress made!! On Saturday, I helped my 5-year-old clean "baby stuff" out of her room, built her a new shelving unit and got rid of a lot of broken, torn and useless "stuff." Her room looks great, I have a good pile for Goodwill and her little sister inherited about 70 books and 30 Barbie dolls. We did not yet tackle the closet but I'm feeling good that at least 1 bedroom has been sorted through and weeded out. Only 3 more bedrooms to go...
.
Still going strong with:
Better skin care
Drink more water
Grump less
.
What are you working on this week? Whatever it is, YOU CAN DO IT! Leave a comment so we can encourage you as you go!

1 comment:

Julie Arduini said...

http://thesurrenderedscribe.blogspot.com/2009/05/extreme-makeover-me-edition-stagnant.html Here is what I'm not doing....sigh!!! I need a kick in the pants.