Wednesday, May 20, 2009

(Not So) Extreme Makeover: Me Edition -- Week 12


Ever hear a song that just grabs you? Screams at you? "Hey, You over there!! Pay attention, this was written for you!" I've had songs like that in the past but the latest one came yesterday. Yes, I'm 33 years old and yes, I (heart) Miley Cyrus...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The Climb (performed by Miley Cyrus)
I can almost see it, that dream I'm dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head sayin', "you'll never reach it."
Every step I'm taking, every move I make
Feels lost with no direction, my faith is shaking
But I got to keep trying, got to keep my head held high
.
There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
.
The struggles I'm facing, the chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down but, no I'm not breaking
I may not know it, but these are the moments
That I'm going to remember most yeah, Just got to keep going
And I, I got to be strong, just keep pushing on, 'cause
.
There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb
.
Keep on moving, Keep climbing, Keep the faith, It's all about The Climb
.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Here are my updates for the week:

1. Find and read a book to better myself. At long last, I have finished The Shack. It was amazing. Amazing. I don't even have the words to describe this book. I can see why some people might think it's controversial, but it offers such a great perspective on God, especially in the midst of tragedy. Regardless of your religious beliefs, I think this is a must read. Whether you agree or disagree with what goes on, it'll certainly open your eyes. There is no book I've ever read that I would recommend more highly. There is a lot to digest, a lot to think about and ponder and mull over. But no doubt, I am already a better person for having read it. THANK YOU to my friend Brenda for sending it my way!



2. Simplify. I'm working on it.... Refer to song lyrics, above.... More to post next week, I hope!
.
3. Devise and implement a summer household organization plan. How hard is it to find baskets?!? I have looked in a few places and of course, I have a picture in my head of the exact baskets that I can not live without in order to organize my home / life / family for the summer. Wish I knew how to make baskets because apparently, the vision in my head does not exist in real life. Oh well... an excuse to keep shopping!
.
Still going strong with:
Better skin care
Drink more water
Grump less
Have pretty nails
.
What are you working on this week? Whatever it is, YOU CAN DO IT! Leave a comment so we can encourage you as you go!

2 comments:

Julie Arduini said...

My sister took our youngest to the movie and she said, you know, it was pretty good. I know when I see the Climb video on Disney, I'm drawn in by the lyrics too. BTW, she is on Twitter...

Anyway, I'm taking a few weeks off posting on this while I do the trouble contest but I can say water is better. That's all I can say. Sigh.

Dx said...

Hi Kat, hope you're well and I certainly hope that your personal targets all work out - except one. Don't "grump less", grump more. Grumping can be a real tonic at times.

I liked your song lyrics but Senior Management suggests you have a look at the lyrics from Paulo Nutini's song Pencil Full of Lead.

Good to be back and hope we can stay in touch.