Monday, October 1, 2007

Nice Matters

Last week, Julie at The Surrendered Scribe gave me my first ever blog award, called "Nice Matters." Wasn't that nice? I had no idea you could get a blog award, but I'm honored and I love it. Now I have the opportunity to pass it on to someone else who makes a difference.

A few months ago, I stopped by one of my favorite sites, called Cool People Care. On that site was a link to a blog called Sixty-Six Days, Luanne's story of the goals she was working on in the 66 days leading up to her 50th birthday. Her goals were not to change the world, but to make some positive impacts in her own life, and the lives of those around her. She ran 2 miles without stopping, she wrote a 30-story book, she lost some weight, and most importantly, she learned a lot about herself. Luanne's blog is a big part of what inspired me to add "Be a Non Smoker" to my 5 Things List.

After her 50th birthday, she started a new blog called Luanne @ 50. I'm enjoying this one just as much. Though the days following her 50th birthday were spent recovering from gall bladder surgery, she's back to jogging again, taking life at her own pace, and figuring out how she'd give away $100,000 if she stumbled across it.

I admit, I'm really bad about posting comments to blogs (I rarely ever do it, even when I'm inspired), but every one of her entries inspires me, or puts a smile on my face, or gives me the little nudge I need to get motivated for something.

So Lu, even though you don't know me, I'd like to pass this award on to you, because Nice really does Matter.

No comments: