Monday, February 23, 2009

25 Random Things about Kat

Some of my Facebook friends have tagged me to do a "25 Random Things" list but unfortunately, Facebook will not let me onto their site from my computer. I can update my status and send notes from my Blackberry, but the computer and my Facebook account don't seem to be on speaking terms. So... what better place to post my 25 Random Things than on my Random Thoughts blog, right?

1. My first name is just "Kathy," that's not short for anything. My parents thought if they named me Kathleen or Katherine, everyone would just call me Kathy anyway. Except for my co-workers, everyone calls me Kat. I suppose if they had named me Kat, people would just call me K.

2. I've known my friend Brenda, well, I don't remember ever not knowing my friend Brenda. Literally. More than anyone else in my life, she has taught me the meaning of the word "unconditional."

3. I was miserable every single second of high school because apparently, it's fun for cool kids to pick on smart kids. If I ever ran into any of those "cool kids" again, I'd tell them my sincerest wish is that no one ever treats their kids the way they treated me.

4. As miserable as I was for all of high school, if I could rewind and do it again, I wouldn't change a thing. Every minute of my life has shaped me into the strong, confident, successful, beautiful person I am today.

5. I met my husband on Super Bowl Sunday in 1996, only 3 months after I turned 20. I knew on our first date that he was The One. Today, I still know I was right.

6. Craig and I went to the 30 year Woodstock reunion in Rome, New York in July 1999. It was amazing, but I'd never do it again.

7. Craig and I watched the ball drop in Times Square as 1999 turned into 2000. I was dressed in an evening gown and he was in a tuxedo. We were as close to the ball as the police barricades would allow. It was amazing, but I'd never do it again.

8. In 1998, the doctors told me it was "a very aggressive form of pre-cancer." In early 1999, they told me they could probably prevent the cancer with "a procedure" but I'd never carry a pregnancy to term.

9. Five years later, I gave birth to our first perfect miracle, proving that God trumps doctors. Her sister came along 3 years later in much the same way.

10. Except for pregnancy weight, I have never weighed more than 118 pounds. Today, I don't weigh enough to give blood.

11. I hate to cook. If it was up to me, I'd eat at Taco Bell every night. This is only OK because of item #10.

12. I am bi-polar about my job. I love it or I hate it, there's no in between. It's the best job ever and the worst job ever, and sometimes that varies by the minute.

13. Growing up, I wanted to be a teacher or a lawyer.

14. Today, I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

15. I love country music, Jim Brickman (pianist), Amy Grant, Metallica and Staind. How's that for an odd assortment?

16. My favorite place to vacation is the Adirondack Mountains in Upstate New York.

17. I've been on at least 400 flights and slept at least 200 nights in a hotel room. Probably more, but I lost track a long time ago. I hate to travel. No really, I do!

18. My brother calls me Waffle the Hut and my sister calls me The Biggest of Bits.

19. I took Spanish for 9 years in junior high, high school and college. I can't speak a word of it now.

20. My biggest regret in life is not going to see my grandparents one more time before moving to Florida. My grandfather, my hero, passed away 7 months later.

21. I love to make quilts. I have more fabric than most fabric stores. My friends are probably going to begin smothering me with home made quilts if I don't find something new to give them for their birthdays.

22. My favorite ice cream flavors is mint chocolate chip.

23. I would love to have one more baby... if only I could make one more parent to come with it.

24. I enjoy cleaning, yet my guiltiest pleasure is paying someone else to come clean my house every other week. It makes me feel "not good enough" sometimes but on the flip side, frees up hours of my limited weekend free time to do things much more important than cleaning a toilet or mopping the floor.

25. Though textbook definitions may disagree, I think I'm borderline OCD. I have to turn the alarm on and off 3 times before I go to bed and if anyone touches my alarm clock, I can't sleep the entire night. I have to tuck Jessica in first every night, then Rachel. If I start with Rachel, I always end up getting up in the night to go tuck in Jess again, then Rachel after her. No one said I was normal...

So, what random things are you willing to share?

1 comment:

Julie Arduini said...

We have so much more in common than I knew, and I thought there was a lot to begin with! You best not let CP in on #23, you'll never hear the end of it!

Great list!