Wednesday, March 4, 2009

(Not So) Extreme Makeover: Me Edition -- Week 2



Week 2, here I come!! I hope you'll join me in my quest to make myself a better person by taking baby steps in the right direction, tackling small challenges, one day at a time, that can result in BIG changes in the long run! It's easy to participate... simply leave a comment here to let me know what you're working on (so we can encourage each other) or if you have your own blog or website, post your update there and leave a link in the comments section of this post. I'll post updates here every Wednesday, hoping to see you back here each week to share your progress or just follow mine. Either way, the more, the merrier! (You can read more about the reason I'm doing this here.)
.
Here are my updates on the 3 items I've been working on.

1. Better skin care. I am so proud that I've been keeping up with this one! I've been following my new "skin care routine" every morning and every night. Morning has always been easy enough, it's the night routine I was bad about.... 'cause I'm just so stinkin' tired! I decided to start washing my face and using all the new lotions and creams after dinner, rather than waiting for bedtime and that makes a big difference. I still have my grump lines but I'm confident that over time, my skin will begin to look healthier and more "age appropriate." I think in one more week this will be enough of a routine for me that I can call it a habit and add something new into the list.

2. Drink more water. This one is hard. I'm getting better about not liking water. If only I could expand my bladder. I drive 60 miles each way to work (at least an hour in the car) and I'm on conference calls at least 4 or 5 hours a day (sometimes more). This makes for quite a challenge when your bladder is the size of a pea and you're trying to drink more water. What I can say is that I'm not having 2 caffeinated beverages in a row anymore, I'm alternating caffeine and water. I suppose that's a start but I still have a long way to go.

3. Grump less. I won't use the word "impossible" but I think when you have a full-time job outside the home, a ridiculously long commute and two small children, it's really, really challenging not to be grumpy sometimes. However, I'm trying hard to remember the world won't end if the to-do list remains long and my overall outlook on things is changing. Progress... but I'll keep working on it.

What are you working on this week?

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Hi, Kat, I just started this yesterday and not sure how all this works yet but am giving it a try!